It's been a busy two days here at the Genealogy Cave headquarters, but I haven't spent a lot of time in the Cave. Lauren and Audrey are here for the week and it's non-stop fun unless they're sleeping.
1) Monday, 25 June:
* Read email and blogs, and wrote Amanuensis Monday - Final Account of Nellie Seaver's Estate and then SuperSearch Feature Introduced on MyHeritage.com and set it for later.
* I added file names to the images that I scanned back in February, and still have the June images to finish.
* I worked in the database for several hours adding content and sources. I'm sure that I did something else in the afternoon but cannot recall it now! Civil War Soldiers and Sailors Database - Part 1 (written by Kathy Nitsch) posted in the afternoon.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to watch the Padres game. Tami and the girls met us at Lolita's at 6:15 p.m. and we had dinner, then home. The girls played, Tami drove home, the Padres won, and the girls had a bath and then bed. Sleep came for them at 9:30 and 10 p.m.
* I added to the Best Of post, checked Facebook, wrote the Tuesday's Tip post, and made reservations to fly to San Jose to see the grandboys next weekend.
Genealogy today was: 7.5 hours.
2) Tuesday, 26 June:
* Got the girls breakfast and a start on dressing, then was able to read email and blogs and note that Tuesday's Tip - Find Ohio Records on FamilySearch posted.
* We left at 9:15 a.m. to go to the San Diego Zoo. We took the Skyride over to the west side, and walked through the Elephant Odyssey exhibit. The girls played on the large prehistoric mammoth and lion sculptures. We saw the lion mom, the cheetah babies and mom, the guanacos, and watched the elephants being fed and groomed. Then we had lunch, and headed for the exit. We were home by 1:15 p.m.
* The girls went down for a nap, and I read and noted that Civil War Soldiers and Sailors Database - Part 2 posted. Then I went in to take my nap.
* Got the girls up at 3:15 and they went with Linda to Barbara's to swim. I read, checked Facebook, watched two FamilySearch webinars, and did a little work in the database in California Birth Index.
* Went in at 5:15 to watch the Padres game, Linda and the girls came home and we had dinner. The girls played outside for awhile, then inside, and took a bath and read and got ready for bed. At 10 p.m. they're still awake. The Padres lost to the Astros 5-3.
* I wrote two Wordless Wednesday posts, checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 4.0 hours.