1) Sunday, 27 May 2012
* Read email and blogs, then finished up the Best of the Genea-Blogs - 20 to 26 May 2012 post and set it for 12:30 p.m.
* We went off to church at 9:30 a.m., then were home at 11:30 to watch the Padres game (they lost 2-0 to the Mets) and the end of the Indy 500.
* Online at 1 p.m. to read, then write CVGS Program on Wednesday, 30 May: "Genealogy in the Cloud" on both blogs.
* Took a lot of time to attach images to sources in RootsMagic - got some of the Seaver families done, need to do more.
* After dinner, worked in the database with content and sources, plus attached more images. I'm finding that I don't have everything in image form! Transferred family photos and cemetery photos for some fmailies to the Ancestor Files, but need to name them consistently.
* Did a batch of 1940 California census (still in Los Angeles city) and checked my results from the last batch.
Genealogy today was 7.0 hours.
2) Monday, 28 May 2012
* Read email and blogs, then posted Memorial Day - Honoring Their Service and wrote Amanuensis Monday - Obituaries for Charles Auble (1849-1916) and set it for later.
* Wrote Samples of Essential Reports for Genealogists and set it for early afternoon. Added some content to the Mobile Genealogy presentation for Wednesday.
* Went looking for my Whittle file to work on the Finding Jane's Roots presentation - after two hours of sorting out, throwing out and straightening up piles of paper I have no clue where it is! Drat. Fortunately, I think all of my records are in digital format and my research was posted on Genea-Musings.
* Watched the end of the Padres game - they lost to the Cubs 11-7 (now 17-33).
* Online again to write Creating an Ancestor List ("Ahnentafel") in Legacy Family Tree 7.5 and then add to the database, finding content and sources. Got past the Anderson hurdle...and did some random stuff too.
* Went out to mow the front lawn at 4:30 p.m. - need the cable for the trimmer. Drat. In at 5 p.m. to eat dinner and watch TV news.
* Online at 5:30 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, check in on Facebook, and add more images to the database. Got through most of the Seaver-Richman side. Need to add census records for the great-greats and earlier. Wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 12.0 hours.
Database stats: 41,308 people, 112,234 events, 5357 places, 767 sources, 28,455 citations, 116 multimedia items, 216 multimedia links. I had 18 links just three days ago!