It was an interesting day, with a visit to the Verizon store before lunch.
* Read email and blogs, then wrote Tuesday's Tip - Search Cemetery Records in Billion Graves Index and then researched and wrote Checking Out "My Source Box" on FamilySearch.org and set it for later in the morning.
* Linda has lost her basic cell phone (before we went on our cruise), probably somewhere in the house (like a trash can), so we need to replace it. There have been no charges on it since 9 May. We went to the Verizon Store today to see what options there were. She can get a $50 basic phone after 22 June due to contract limitations. We could pay an $80 disconnect fee...or buy a smart phone for $200...we decided to wait until 22 June. She also signed up for a class to learn to use her Samsung tablet that we bought in December, which I've used occasionally. I was home by noon and watched some of the Padres game while eating lunch.
* Online at 12:15 p.m. to read, then copied the mobile genealogy presentation to Dropbox and the flash drive, and then onto the laptop. All set for Wednesday now!
* Researched and wrote Creating an Ancestor List ("Ahnentafel") in Family Tree Maker 2012.
* Linda wanted a tablet lesson, so I spent an hour with her. This is a patience challenge!
* Captured some of the document images that I attached to my Ancestry tree using the smart phone over the past months. Got about half saved and renamed. More to do.
* Went in at 5:30 p.m. to eat dinner, then watch TV news, and back online at 6:15 p.m. Tried to index a California batch but there were none available. Got 99% on last batch, but made several stupid mistakes.
* Worked in the database adding content and sources. Checked in on Facebook, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 11.5 hours.