Well, we're back from vacation and I've had two pretty full days of genealogy.
1) Monday, 21 May 2012:
* We got home at 8:15 p.m. from the trip. I unpacked, then fired up the computer and read 770 email messages since 12 May. Deleted most of them, but had about 40 to answer. Stopped at 10 p.m. and went to bed (7 a.m. Oslo time!).
2) Tuesday, 22 May 2012:
* Up at 4 a.m. due to jet lag effects. Started in reading the last two days of blog posts, and started the Best Of post. Finally finished this in the afternoon. Marked all blog posts (over 1000, probably close to 2500) as read. Will visit my favorites to see what I missed.
* Answered many emails throughout the day.
* Finally posted Catch-Up Day - Tuesday, 22 May 2012 and wrote Chronology Report in Legacy Family Tree 7.5 and set it for early afternoon.
* Copied the photos from the iPhone to the desktop computer. Organized them to some extent.
* Did a batch of FamilySearch Indexing to see how far California has been done - in Santa Cruz County. San Diego City will be after Los Angeles City...still a week or two to go.
* Watched the Padres game vs. the Cardinals over dinner and read mail and papers. Pads lost 4-0 to the Cards. Now 16-28.
* Copied the vacation journal to the desktop, updated it, and wrote 11 posts on The Geneaholic, one for each day. They need pictures.
* Too tired to do any more - off to bed at 9 a.m.
Genealogy today was 11.5 hours.
3) Wednesday, 23 May 2012:
* I slept until after 7 a.m. - 10 hours. I feel better...
* Read email and blogs, wrote (Not So) Wordless Wednesday - Post 206: Scott's 2nd Birthday and then Got Dutch Ancestry? Tell Peter!
* Made 40 screen captures on the iPhone for next week's talk, then put them all into Dropbox.
* Answered more email, and did some research for a CVGS query.
* Researched and wrote Timeline Report in Family Tree Maker 2012.
* Added pictures to the daily Cruise summary posts, and then wrote Legacy Cruise Vacation Compendium.
* Checked Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.
* Worked in the database a bit, adding content and sources. Almost got through the Adams entries that didn't have birth or death data.
* Went in at 5:15 p.m. to watch the Padres game and eat dinner. Put out the trash. Pads lost 6-3 to the Cards (now 16-29).
* Back online at 8 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, check my FS Indexing arbitration numbers - finally got a 100% on the last batch.
* Wrote this post, and i'm done for the night. Off to bed at 9 p.m. again as I'm really sleepy.
Genealogy today was 9.5 hours.