This was an all-day seminar day, so it was different from most.
* Up early, read email but no blogs before going off to the parking garage. Surname Saturday post went up in the morning.
* Got to the CV parking garage by 7:15, and met the group of 11 for the car pool. Rode with Sam and three others to Escondido for the Family History Fair. We got there at 8 a.m., and I went in the presenters entrance and got my syllabus. Found the CVGS booth in the exhibit hall and chatted with friends. Lots of folks I know were there.
* Went to Kendall Jefferson's talk on Ancestry.com and how we have done and will do genealogy yesterday, today and tomorrow. Got to my room by 9:50 a.m. and got the laptop set up - the projector worked perfectly. The Wikis for genealogy Collaboration was attended by 15 to 20 persons - seemed to be well accepted. Then did the Genealogy blogging presentation from 11:20 to 12:20 with 15-20 different attendees - again went well.
* Headed off for lunch at the presenters lounge, and we discussed Ancestry.com searches with Kendall among other things. Went at 1 p.m. to hear Gena Ortega talk on RootsMagic 5. Checked my email and Twitter too.
* Spent the 2 p.m. hour at the CVGS booth with John and talked to Felix in the neighbor booth. Went at 3:20 to hear Brenda Danielson do a wonderful talk on the Mysterious McGowans in costume and in character.
* We packed up and were on the road by 4:30, and I was home by 5:15 p.m. Watched the end of the Aztrecs game (they beat TCU in overtime to win MWC title), had dinner, and read the paper.
* On computer at 7 p.m. to note that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - The Genealogy Time Capsule Challenge posted. Read email and blogs, added to the Best Of post, checked Facebook, and worked in the database trying to find BMDs for persons who were spouses of Seaver and Dill persons. Pruned a number of isolated Dill couples from the database also.
* Wrote this post, and I'm done.
Genealogy today was 11.0 hours.