Uh-oh, the pressure to get a meaningful Valentine's Day gift for my angel. I know, Costco roses! works every time. I need a mushy card too. Mr. Romantic, eh?
* Read email and blogs, and noted that Amanuensis Monday - Deed of Alpheus B. Smith to Lois Smith posted. Wrote Are You Prepared to Research Without the SSDI? ad set it for later in the morning.
* Finalized my Ancestry syllabus for next Saturday at SOCCGS and sent it off to David. Watched two Ancestry.com videos from RootsTech. Reviewed several syllabi from RootsTech also.
* Worked for quite a while in SSDI, California Deaths, California Marriages and California Births, and GenealogyBank to find data for descendants of DJ and Abbie (Vaux) Smith, especially the spouses of the Smith kids. Had pretty good luck with Ashdowns - got that family fairly well defined. Found death notices for several of these folks on GB.
* Wrote Book Review - "Hey, America , Your Roots Are Showing" by Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak and posted it, with tweets and Pluses. Back into the Smith descendants, and then started in on Thomas Richmond descendants too. Need to go back one more generation and find families also.
* Went in for dinner at 5:15 p.m. then read the paper and watched TV until 6:30 p.m.
* Online again at 6:30 p.m. to add to the Best Of and RootsTech blog posts. Wrote three QuickSheet reviews for the next few days. Checked Facebook too.
* Back into the SSDI on Ancestry again - did the 1880 to 1890 Seaver folks. Discovered fairly easy way to find females in the SSDI - search for the given name and match the birth date. Wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 12.0 hours.