We're back from our long weekend on Catalina Island. We drove up to Long Beach on Saturday morning, caught the 12:15 p.m. catamaran to Catalina, and were in Avalon by 1:45. It was a bumpy ride over. Found the hotel, got checked in, rested up, went out shopping, had dinner to celebrate Linda's birthday, enjoyed pictures with Santa Claus and the crowds out for the tree lighting. On Sunday we took a 4 hour tour around the island - to the airport, offroad to the beach, then Middle Ranch, and back to the airport for lunch, then back to Avalon. Saw buffalo and one fox and some birds. Pretty. Unspoiled except where the fire burned off vegetation in 2005. Rested up, did some shopping, had dinner. Checked my email and read blogs but did no genealogy work at all. We came home on Monday - caught the 11:45 catamaran to Long Beach, then drove home in time to see the Chargers game on TV on Monday night. I did write two Advent posts on Monday night just to get the juices stirring again, and worked through some of my email pile.
* Read email and blogs, noted that Advent Calendar - December 6: Santa Claus posted. Wrote Tombstone Tuesday - Edwin and Alice (Corey) Richmond in Leominster, Mass.
* Worked in TootsMagic 5 and wrote Exploring RootsMagic 5 New Features - Post 5: The "On This Date" Report. Answered lots more email. Printed off CVGS things too. Checked up on plantar fasciitis - yep, I got it!
* Found some newspaper articles in Ancestry.com about several of the Knapp folks, so added data and sources to my database.
* Downloaded the FTM 2012 patch, and wrote Family Tree Maker 2012 Patch Released and set it for later. Worked on the shared tree in Ancestry.com adding content and sources found in newspaper articles.
* Made the Christmas letter labels for Linda. Worked in Find-a-Grave adding content and sources for Brookline NH and Evergreen MA entries by Carol P.
* Went in at 5:30 p.m. to read the paper, have dinner, and watch the TV news.
* Online at 7 p.m. to read, then worked on family letter, and also on CVGS Newsletter. got the framing done, added some content, now need content from others.
* Checked Facebook, added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 11.5 hours.
Post a Comment