It was a full day, but it wasn't all genealogy. Some friends made family history.
* Read email and blogs, noted that Surname Saturday - PEIRCE (England > Massachusetts) posted, and then wrote Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Genealogy Database Statistics.
* Packed up the laptop, and went off to the SDGS meeting in San Diego. Met Linda Serna and we chatted for awhile - we exchanged cards. Linda gave two excellent presentations on interesting topics - I loved the record examples she used in her talks. What a wealth of experience and material.
* High-tailed it down the freeway to Bonita for the CVGS Workshop at 1 p.m. Shirley and Gary talked about Windows computer systems, then Gary and I talked about Family Tree Maker. I installed FTM2012 on my laptop and loaded in a recent GEDCOM - it took about 90 minutes to do it.
* Left just before 3, and high-tailed it home. We left at 3:15 for the barbecue restaurant to get food for Linda, then Io Sherry's house for the wedding at 4 p.m. Saw cousin Ken Wing there and we talked some Wing family genealogy.
* Home just after 7 p.m. to watch baseball, then SDSU football game, read the paper, then my book.
* Came in at 9 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, check Facebook and write this post. SNGF had a great response tonight!
Genealogy today was 8.0 hours.