This was a typical genealogy Saturday for me - a society meeting, some blogging, a Padre game.
* Up early to read email and blogs, gathered laptop for CVGS Seminar. Left at 8:15 for Bonita.
* Got to CV Golf Course for CVGS Fall Seminar, and welcomed by CVGS staff after my vacation. Talked to several folks, then got laptop set up near Claire's booth. Connected OK to Internet there.
* Seminar started at 9 a.m. with Gary's pitch about CVGS, then Donna gave her keynote talk about overcoming brick walls without any visuals. Anne had visuals for her talk on Irish and Scots-Irish research. Put comments on Google Plus and took notes in MSWord file on laptop.
* Lunch was pretty good - sat with Sam, Claire, Karen and Steve. Talked a bit to Ruth and Wanda.
* Sat through Donna's talk on American Indian research seething - the first 45 minutes was about the pure-at-heart Indians and evil white men. The second part gave a few pointers on finding resources, but no visuals and no handout yet. Internet didn't work after lunch for me - it would never connect. I took notes on laptop.
* Home by 3 p.m. to read, note that Surname Saturday - FISHER (England > Medfield MA) and Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - What does Spokeo Know About You? posted.
* We left at 4 p;.m. for the Padres game. Picked up sandwich at Subway, took trolley to downtown San Diego, walk over to Petco Park, was in my seat by 5 p.m. Padres won 3-0 over Dodgers. I had Filippi's pizza slice for dinner, and an ice cream, then visited Rudy's section in 5th inning and had cream puffs and cookies.
* Home by 8:45 p.m. and finished up Saturday's "Good Genea-Reads" then wrote Sunday's Best Of post.
* Tried to make a Google map of our vacation travels and couldn't figure out how to do it. There must be an easy way! I should Google "how to make a Google map of travels." Tried Mapquest too...same result - frustration. It can't be that hard!
* Wrote this post, checked Facebook and Google Plus, and I'm done.
Genealogy today was 8.5 hours.
Post a Comment