Two more fairly full genealogy days, with some progress made on several projects.
1) Monday, 27 June 2011
* Read email and blogs, wrote Amanuensis Monday - Elisha Ward's Affidavit in Thomas Dill's Revolutionary War Pension File and then Answers to my Questions about MyHeritage Trees but set it for later.
* Worked on the third OASIS class presentation and syllabus. Decided to add the Remley data to my master database, since it was done for my aunt's husband's family and is part of my extended tree. Big mistake - found out after doing it that the place names are really messed up and many sources are for a WFT database. Arrgghhhhh. Worked through lunch and into the afternoon to straighten that out by deleting the WFT source, deleting the WFT dates, and trying to standardize place names. Had to combine many entries with different place spellings. Not done - still have several families to do.
* Wrote Pruning My Family Tree - Catherine Lewis after doing a bit more searching. I need to look for the Jonathan Lewis will. Added photos to MyHeritage using the multiple file upload.
* We left at 5 p.m. for El Pollo Loco for dinner, then to the trolley station to go to the Padres game. Got to my seat at 6:05 p.m., and talked to the ushers. Padres won 4-3 over the KC Royals. We were home by 10:45 p.m.
* Read email and blogs, checked Facebook and off to bed by 11:30.
Genealogy today was 9.0 hours.
2) Tuesday, 28 June 2011:
* Read email and blogs, wrote Tuesday's Tip - Use the Google Site Search to Find Results on a Specific Website and then worked on tagging photos to MyHeritage. Failed. Uploaded photos one at a time from the Family Tree tab. Wrote Adding Photographs to my MyHeritage Family Tree - Post 1.
* Answered some email, then finished up the Remley data in the database. I probably have some unresolved places, but I'll find them.
* Wrote The Seasons of my Genealogy Research and then finished up the fourth OASIS class presentation and syllabus.
* Checked Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org for new databases, and then added about 15 census source citations to my database.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to watch TV, read the paper, and eat dinner. Back online at 6 p.m. to read, play with Google+ a bit, and write What Will the Google+ Project Mean for Genealogy?
* Went in at 7 p.m. to watch the Padres game, read my book, and water the front plants. Padres won 4-2 over KC Royals (now 36-45 at the halfway point in the season. They seem to be improving, won 6 of the last 7, but still in last place the NL Worst.
* Online at 9:30 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, and write 1940 Census Searching Tools Announced. Works great!!! Wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 10.0 hours.