Real life intervened these days to a great extent, as did the Padres!
Friday, 24 June 2011:
* Read email and blogs, and noticed that 1940 U.S. Census RFI Q&A posted the night before I intended. Operator error!
* We left at 9:15 a.m. for Mimi's memorial service at Glen Abbey. It was quite nice out on the lawn for the graveside memorial. Some friends from church, and lots of Lynda's family. Then to Spring Valley for a nice reception. Got to meet Brooks, Mimi's grandson, who plays for the Atlanta Braves. What a beautiful family all together to celebrate Mimi's 93 years.
* Home by 2 p.m. to recuperate - read everything, and noted that Genealogy Database Statistics Galore in MyHeritage posted. Went in to read the paper and napped a bit.
* We left at 4:45 p.m. for the trolley to go to the Padres game with Lynda and family. She had 50 tickets. Ate dinner at the Tin Fish and were to our seats in 317 by 6:15 p.m. Visited with friends and Lynda's family all through the game - the Pads won 11-2, and Brooks was up once and lined out to first base.
* Home by 19:45 p.m. on the bus and trolley, read some and went to bed.
Genealogy on Friday was 3.0 hours at most.
Saturday, 25 June 2011:
* Up early to go to the Dolphin breakfast at the Denny's on E Street. I liked it (heck, I like almost every place to eat breakfast).
* Home by 8:45 a.m. to read email and blogs, wrote Surname Saturday - LEWIS (England > RI > NY > Canada) and in the process discovered the will that nearly proves the Catherine Lewis relationship. Cool when that happens!
* Wrote Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Number #1 Songs for SNGF, and set it for after noon. Wrote one more blog post for next week if I need one.
* Went in at 1:30 p.m. to watch tennis and baseball, read the paper, and took a nap. Up at 3p.m. to read online, do some research for elusives and orphans.
* We left at 4 p.m. for the trolley station to go to the Padres game. stopped at Panera for dinner and took it with us. Got to :Petco just as game started due to trolley repairs. Pads lost 10-1 to the Braves. Brooks struck out in pinch-hitting appearance.
* Home on bus and trolley by 9:30 p.m., read everything, updated the Best Of post, checked Facebook and wrote this post.
Genealogy on Saturday was 5.0 hours.