Two very different genealogy days...
Monday, 25 April 2011:
* Read email and blogs, then wrote Amanuensis Monday - Revolutionary War Pension File Affidavit of Joseph Champlin (1758-1850). Got cleaned up.
* Worked on the Chula Vista Home Tour images, edited some images, printed out the good ones. Listened to the FGS My Society radio program, wrote 21st Century Genealogical Societies.
* Gathered up the Genealogy 101 Class 3 and Class 4 syllabus pages. Made word files of several articles, printed them off for Genealogy 101 class.
* Left at 1:50 p.m. for the UPS Store to meet Olive. Enlarged several images for Olive to get laminated for home tour. Made 18 copies of the Genealogy 101 Class 3 and 4 syllabus.
* Home by 3 p.m. to read, then went in at 4 p.m. to watch TV news, read the paper, and have a short nap. We left at 5 p.m. for the trolley station.
* Got to Tin Fish restaurant at 5:50 p.m., great fish and chips tonight, listened to Joe R play music - sang along to Put Me In Coach. Then to Petco Park at 6:30 p.m. to watch Padres/Braves game. A good game. We left at 10:30 p.m. after 12 innings when it was 3-3. Got to CV by 11 p.m. and found out Padres won in the 13th, 5-3 (now 9-14, still can't hit).
* Read a bit, but went to bed without journaling.
Genealogy on Monday was 7.0 hours - 1.0 hour doing email, 1.0 hour reading blogs, 2.0 hours writing blog posts, 2.0 hours working on CV Home Tour, and 1.0 hour on Genealogy 101 class.
Tuesday, 26 April:
* Read blogs and email, then wrote Tuesday's Tip - Olive Tree Genealogy. Worked in LinkedIn for awhile, got cleaned up.
* Left at 9:45 a.m. for dentist appointment, then to bank and Home Depot for weedeater cord. Home by 12 noon. Had lunch. Read everything. Wrote some emails.
* Got laptop squared away for Genealogy 101 class. Wrote April 30 is Early Bird Deadline for SCGS Genealogy Jamboree Registration. Checked Facebook.
* Found the California Pioneers database and downloaded several images for Elizabeth (Whittle) Swerer. Wrote California Pioneer and Immigrant Files, 1790-1950 Database on Ancestry.com.
* Went in at 4:15 p.m. to eat dinner, then packed up and went to the library to teach Class 3 of Genealogy 101. Got set up by 5:15 p.m., started at 5:30, and done at 7:30 p.m. Home by 8 p.m. to watch Padres game. They lost 8-1 to Braves (now 9-15, still can't hit).
* Came in at 9 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, add some source citations to database, and write this post.
Genealogy today was 9.0 hours - 1.0 hour doing email, 2.5 hours writing blog posts, 1.0 hour reading blogs, 1.0 hour on LinkedIn, 2.5 hours on Genealogy 101 class, and 1.0 hour working in my database.
Post a Comment