I missed journaling again last night - blame it on the Padres game.
Monday, 11 April 2011:
* Read email and blogs, put together Amanuensis Monday - Probate Records of Samuel Whitney (1719-1782) of Westminster, MA and posted it. Wrote You Might be A Genealogist If ... SNGF Recap and set it for early afternoon.
* Got cleaned up, then worked on the CVGS Newsletter and finalized it. Printed it out, made the labels and all set to publish later today. Had lunch, then printed off the first two handouts for the Genealogy 101 class for printing. Gathered stuff up at 1:30 p.m. and off to the UPS Store to publish the newsletter and make the Gen101 handouts.
* Home by 2:30 p.m. to read, worked a bit on the FamilySearch handout, and posted I'm a Proud GeniMate!
* We left at 4:15 p.m. for the trolley station, got to the Strip Club restaurant at 5 p.m., had dinner and were in Petco Park by 6:15 p.m. Watched the Padres lose 3-2 in a very boring game to the Reds. At least it wasn't as cold as Saturday night.
* Home by 11 p.m. to read, then off to bed.
Genealogy on Monday was 8.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 1.0 hour reading blogs, 2.0 hours writing blog posts, 3.0 hours on CVGS Newsletter, 1.0 hour on CVGS Genealogy 101 class, and 0.5 hour on FamilySearch presentation.
Tuesday, 12 April 2011:
* Read email and blogs, then posted Tuesday's Tip - Find Probate Records of your Ancestors. Wrote Isaac Seaver (1823-1901), My Only Civil War Soldier and set it for early afternoon. Got cleaned up.
* Copied FamilySearch presentation and Genealogy 101 files to the flash drive and the laptop. Had to print off six charts for the class. Downloaded the 95 images of Isaac Seaver's Civil War Pension File from Picasa from Myrt. Had lunch.
* Wrote my Graveyard Rabbit Online Journal column and sent it off. Started in on the Newspaper presentation for Wednesday and finished it and the handout for Wednesday. Found that the Fulton History link didn't work, so posted Where is the Old Fulton County NY History Site?
* Went in at 3:30 p.m. to read the paper, watch TV and take a nap. We had dinner at 4:30, and I gathered my stuff up and went off to the library at 4:50 p.m. for the Genealogy 101 class.
* Got the laptop set up, but had to call Gary to get the projector there. Started class on time with introductions and the projector came at 5:45 p.m. and I presented the first class to 15 eager students.
* Home by 8 p.m. to watch the Padres game - eventually lost in 11 innings 8-2 to the Reds. Arghhh. What a terrible home stand (now 4-6, and 2-5 at home). on the season.
* Read everything, added to the Best Of blog post, and wrote this post. Done! Tired.
Genealogy on Tuesday was 11.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 1.0 hour reading blogs, 2.5 hours writing blog posts, 4.0 hours on Genealogy 101 class, 1.0 hour on GYROJ article, and 2.0 hours on Newspapers presentation for Wednesday.
Post a Comment