I missed journaling on Saturday, so will do two days tonight.
Saturday, 9 April 2011:
* Read email and blogs, got cleaned up, wrote Surname Saturday - WILHELM (Germany? > Pennsylvania) post, gathered up my bookbag and off at 9 a.m.
* Got to the SDGS meeting at 9:40 a.m., talked to colleagues, several OASIS class grads, then enjoyed two talks by Paul Lipinski.
* Home by 1 p.m. to read, noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - You Might be a Genealogist if ... posted, and worked on the FamilySearch presentation.
* We left at 3:15 p.m. on the trolley for Petco Park. Stopped at Tin Fish for dinner, then watched last 3 innings of the Friday rained suspended game (lost 4-2 in 11 innings to dodgers), then the regular game (we lost 4-0). It was cold but not wet... we left in the 7th inning and were home by 11 p.m.
* Read quickly, added to Best Of post, and off to bed to warm up.
Genealogy today was 6.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour writing blogs, 3.0 hours at SDGS meeting, and 2.0 hours working on FamilySearch presentation and handout.
Sunday, 10 April 2011:
* Finished up the Best Of post, got cleaned up, and off to church at 9:25 a.m. Talked to Margaret about her parents - I had found them but wanted to confirm before I went further. Good!
* Home by 11:30 a.m. to do chores to prepare for family dinner today, noted that Best of the Genea-Blogs - 3 to 9 April 2011 posted. Had lunch, watched Padres game (they won 7-2, now 4-4 record, 26-27 runs for/against).
* Tami and family came at 1:30 and Stan, Holly, Sheryl, and Scott and his family came by 2:15 p.m. We sat around and talked, watched the four kids play together well, had a wonderful dinner, talked more, told stories, etc. That was fun! They were gone by 8 p.m. Got the dishes done and the chairs stacked, whew!
* Online at 8:45 p.m. to read, start the Best Of post, and then work on the CVGS Newsletter due to publish on Monday. Checked Facebook, wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 3.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 1.0 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour writing blogs, and 1.5 hours working on CVGS newsletter.
Post a Comment