A pretty full genealogy day - a presentation and even worked in the database some.
* Read email and blogs. got cleaned up. Noted that Surname Saturday - LAVER (Somerset, England) posted. Gathered my laptop and off to UCSD for the CGSSD meeting.
* Got to CGSSD at 9 a.m., Attended the Family Tree Maker user group meeting, hosted by Ken. Was able to contribute some knowledge to the group. Set up my laptop, got it hooked up to the projector and me to the microphone, and off on my Exploring FamilySearch at 10:35 a.m. Finished at 11:50 a.m. Had about 90 attendees, and good feedback. Home by 12:45 p.m.
* Linda on computer when I got home, so watched TV sports and news, took a short nap, and Linda broke a Pyrex plate in the kitchen, flooding the stove top with gravy. Picked up shards and bits and cleaned up some of the stove.
* Finally online at 2:15 p.m. to note that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - A Genealogy Book posted. Edited the 1840 and 1850 US Census source citations to new standard. Added about 15 blogs to my Reader - up to 906!
* Went in at 4 p.m. to watch the Padres game, read the paper, and eat dinner. Watered the front plants too.
* Back online at 7 p.m. to read, then added data to RootsMagic database from my to-file pile. Got some names, dates, places added and edited, and quite a few facts sourced for the first time.
* Added to the Best Of post, made a GEDCOM file from RM4 and will make it active on Legacy and FTM 2011 also, plus put it on the flash drive to import to the laptop. Wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 8.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 1.0 hour reading blog posts, 0.5 hour writing blog posts, 3.0 hours at CGSSD meeting, 3.0 hours working in my database on sources and entry, and 0.5 hour working in software.