A fairly full genealogy day with lots of database work. Dodged the raindrops this morning, stormy tonight.
* Read email and blogs, noted that Surname Saturday - PRAY (England > Massachusetts > Rhode Island) posted.
* Off to La Jolla at 8:15 a.m. for the CGSSD meeting at UCSD. Attended the RootsMagic class chaired by Chris C. He reviewed and demonstrated Dropbox and how to work with RootsMagic files with it. For the main event, Tom Underhill did his presentation on Photo's and Scanning. Even got some chocolate. Had some compliments on my SDGS talk last week.
* Home by 1 p.m. to read, eat lunch, then write Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Go For A Better Google Search.
* Worked in the database fixing sources - got through half of the W's, then added families from the Rolfe and Hale works I found at the FHL in October.
* Dinner called at 5 p.m., so we ate and watched TV and read the newspaper.
* Online at 7 p.m. to read, then work more in the database on Rolfe and Dunham sources. Found the John Dunham article in TGMB and printed it out. Added more items to my book list.
* Added content to my Best Of post, rearranged my RootsMagic file folders, and then captured some Seaver biographies from Who's Who in America (online at AmericanAncestors) - added to the database. Wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 11.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 1.0 hour reading blogs, 3.0 hours at CGSSD meeting, 1.5 hours writing blog posts, and 5.0 hours working in the database.
Post a Comment