The genealogy day was interrupted by real life - a doctor's appointment, lunch and exercise.
* Read my email and blog reader, then posted Recent Chula Vista Genealogy Cafe Posts. Got cleaned up, and went off at 9:30 a.m. to the doctor for the quarterly check-in.
* Still overweight with too much glucose...drat! I need to lose weight, eat less and exercise more. Of course. Then to the bank for cash and Costco to window shop, look at new books, have a Polish dog (but no ice cream or churro!). Stopped at the library, then picked up George for our first walk on the bayfront for 2011.
* Home by 12:45 p.m. to read everything, then research and write Creating Source Citations in Family Tree Maker 2011 - Post 5: Some Issues.
* Worked on the 1900 census source citations, got about half done. Worked on the state vital records database sources from FamilySearch and Ancestry. got through the M states. I'm finding that I had mixed two or more databases sometimes, and sourced at least one non-existent database. Fixed!
* In at 5 p.m. to watch the news, read the paper, eat dinner and wash the dishes. Back online at 6:30 p.m. to read everything, make a map for Linda, fixed some more sources. Got the laptop running so I can load it with the latest FTM 2011 database. Checked Facebook.
* Wrote the Surname Saturday blog post and added to the Best of post, then wrote Family Tree Maker 2011 can make an Ancestral Name List!
* Compacted the FTM 2011 database, made a GEDCOM file of it, and copied the database and the GEDCOM file to the flash drive and installed them on the laptop. Wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 8.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 1.0 reading blogs, 3.5 hours writing blog posts, 3.0 hours working in FTM 2011 on sources.