Genealogy society meeting, football, a little blogging, a big surprise, and some data mining...not bad!
* Read email and blogs, got cleaned up, and off at 8:15 a.m. to the CGSSD meeting in La Jolla. Noted that Surname Saturday - RICHARDS (England to Lynn Massachusetts) posted.
* Sat in the Family Tree Maker SIG and contributed a bit on places, sources and navigation. Then Anne Miller and David Armstrong's presentation on using Google Earth was dazzling.
* Home by 12:30 p.m. to recall that I had not written a SNGF post beforehand - so wrote Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Ancestral Name List Roulette. Had a good response this week - genealogists love to work in their databases! In the process, I found a crack in Elizabeth Dill's brick wall and will pursue it! More later.
* Went in to watch the Steelers/Ravens game, and stayed through dinner and then the first half of the Packers/Falcons game.
* Back online at 7 p.m. to search Ancestry, Footnote, GenBank, AmericanAncestors and WorldVitalRecords for my new lead, and found very little in online databases.
* Worked on adding vital records and source citations from AmericanAncestors to several of the collateral fmailies in the 1800s. Worked through the Aaron smith and Zachariah Hildreth families. Probably added 20 to 30 citations.
* Added posts to the Best of post, checked Facebook, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 8.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 1.0 hour reading blogs, 3.0 hours at CGSSD meeting, 1.5 hours writing blogs, and 2.0 hours working in my database and doing online research.
Post a Comment