It was a fairly full genealogy day, highlighted by the CVGS Research Group meeting.
* Read email and blogs, posted (Not So) Wordless Wednesday - Post 135: A Pensive Emily and wrote CGSSD Meeting on Saturday, 15 January: "Using Google Earth to Map Your Ancestor's Home" for later in the morning. Got cleaned up. Wrote Creating Source Citations in Family Tree Maker 2011 - Post 3
and set it for mid-afternoon.
* Gathered materials for the CVGS Research Group. Left at 11:15 a.m. for the library, reviewed the SD Union index for air show articles in the 1930s, and didn't see any indexed. Hosted the Research Group about Military Pension Records.
* Home by 2:30 p.m., read everything, wrote my SDGS program summary article for SDGS newsletter and sent it to the editor.
* Went in at 4 p.m. to watch news, read the paper, watch the memorial service, eat dinner, and put out the trash.
* Back online at 6:30 p.m. to read, then work a bit on source citations, wrote Research Group Summary - 12 January 2011 and Saturday Workshop, 15 January: "Organization of your Genealogy" on the Chula Vista Genealogy Cafe blog.
* Had to search a bit for some of Helen's mysteries, never found them. Then searched for the reference data in NARA ARC for my Isaac Seaver Civil War Pension File. Finally found it and created the citation.
* Checked Facebook, reviewed the day's posts in Google Reader and added to the Best of post, wrote this post and I'm done.
Genealogy today was 10.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 1.5 hour writing SDGS article, 3.0 hours writing blog posts, 0.5 hour doing online research, 3.0 hours on CVGS Research Group, and 1.0 hour working on sources in my database.
Post a Comment