Really not much of a genealogy day - but did buy a new computer!
* Up early with the grandgirls, got them fed and entertained until Tami got up. Read my email and blogs and got cleaned up. Noted that Tuesday's Tip - Find Research Ideas in Ancestry.com's FREE Article Archives posted.
* Researched and wrote Enhanced Ancestry.com Member Tree Viewer then ate lunch and went out.
* Over to Best Buy to buy the new computer - a Dell Inspiron 560 with 4 gb RAM, 500 gb hard drive, Windows 7, bundled with a display, printer and speakers. Brought it home and it's sitting on the living room table (the only free space in the house). James is coming on Wednesday and maybe we'll set it up on Thursday together. Need an email client - either Windows Live Mail, Gmail or Thunderbird, I guess. I'm not sure how Linda will adapt to Gmail although the idea of having saved emails in the cloud is attractive after 12 years of Outlook Express. Need to collect the programs to load onto it - I made a list last week, wonder where it is?
* Home at 1 p.m., read everything, looked for Windows 7 information online, puttered around wondering if I was related to Kate Middleton (looks like the answer is no), and the girls got up from their naps and we played a bit.
* Went to dinner at Rubio's at 4:30 p.m., then I brought the girls back with me so Linda and Tami could shop a bit, kept them entertained, we had apples for snack, and Tami came home to give them a bath and put them to bed while I helped wrap gifts with Linda.
* Back online at 8:30, read everything and bored...tried to write a Wordless Wednesday post for the morning but Blogger wouldn't upload my photograph. Drat. Complained to Blogger. Wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 5.0 hours -0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blog posts, 1.5 hours writing blog posts, 1.5 hours searching online for Kate M stuff and looking in my Medieval database, 1.0 hours editing data in my database, and that's about it!