Really not much of a genealogy day. Stayed home until late afternoon, went visiting then out to dinner, and watched my Padres beat the Giants 6-4 to stay in playoff contention.
* Read email and blogs, then wrote "Information, Please" article about NewsBank operations. Went looking on GenealogyBank for articles about Whittle, McKnew, Spencer, found only what I already had.
* Wrote UVPAFUG Presentations, read several of them, and got cleaned up.
* Copied file directories from desktop computer to flash drive to laptop in order to update laptop. Installed the McAfee Security Suite (comes with my Cox internet subscription - who knew?) on the laptop. Updated software on the laptop and got latest GEDCOM into RM4 and LFT7. Ate lunch at home.
* Wrote CVGS Program Review - "What Was Great-Grandpa Really Like?" on the Chula Vista Genealogy Cafe blog, and then on Genea-Musings.
* Revised my FORUM column a bit, and sent it off to the editor on deadline. Wrote the Surname Saturday post for tomorrow.
* We left at 4 PM to take food to church friends, then went to dinner at Oggi's Pizza out in Otay Ranch. Home by 6:30 PM, and I read everything quickly.
* Watched Padres game, read the paper, and checked TJ's site and Facebook on the laptop while watching the game.
* Came in after the game to write a post for Saturday and write this post.
Genealogy today was 7.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 3.0 hours writing 7 blog posts, 1.0 hour on FORUM column, 2.0 hours doing file transfers.
Have the CVGS Fall Seminar on Saturday all day - will try to do some blogging tomorrow night.