Another month has passed from present to past - they sure go by quickly these days! It's been an interesting month for Genea-Musings as the Whittle search continues. Oh - we went to the Padres game today - we lost 1-0 to the Cubs. The Padres had a pretty bad month of September - 12-15 I think it was. First rain since the spring here as we had lightning and thunder around all day.
* Read my email and blogs - I'm using both Google Reader and Bloglines now - need to go completely to Reader to avoid wasting time. Wrote Treasure Chest Thursday - Betty's Baptismal Record using image from Sunday's Scanfest.
* Wrote The Children of Alexander and Rachel (Morley) Whittle - Joseph Whittle and set it for later in the morning. Got cleaned up!
* Did more newspaper searching for the Whittles and McKnews - found Elijah's and Jane's death notices, but not much else. Added them to the database.
* Had lunch, then worked on the FORUM column. Got the first draft finished - but too many words. Always too many words, it seems! Will streamline it a bit on the morrow. Reviewed SDGS web site designs and provided opinions.
* Linda wanted to go to the Padres game - the last home game on the schedule, so we left at 2 PM for Subway, got the 2:30 trolley and had tickets in hand by 3 PM, plenty of time. Rained hard for about ten minutes, then not much more once game started late at 3:55 PM. Padres lost 1-0. Now 88-71, 3 games back of Giants in NL West and 2 back of Braves in wild card. Believe it or not, Padres can make the playoffs by winning their next three games against Giants!
* Home by 8 PM, read everything, wrote The Whittle Research Compendium, checked Facebook, worked on OASIS presentation and handout for Monday, and Twitter, then wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 8.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 1.0 hour reading blogs, 1.0 hour doing online research, 2.5 hours writing blog posts, 0.5 hour reviewing SDGS site, 1.0 hour working on OASIS stuff, 1.5 hours writing FORUM column.