A decent genealogy day, plus a big earthquake strikes where our friends live, and my Padres lose again.
* Read email and blogs, researched and wrote Checking out the Archives.com People Finder. Got leaned up and back to the keyboard.
* Answered some piled-up email, and of course they all wrote back tonight... I'll try to answer again sometime soon! It's a hard email life, sometimes. Also have Ancestry and Facebook email to answer. Saw news of Christchurch earthquake, got on Facebook and Stephanie said they were OK, and off to the brother's place nearby.
* Worked in the database on the English church sources, and sources in general. Found that I haven't added notes or sources for some of my Medfield families, so worked on that for awhile. Had lunch at home.
* Finished the 8 Medfield family lines and added some good content, mainly from out-of-copyright Google books and from MEHGR articles. Added sources for quite a few facts too.
* Posted CVGS Fall Seminar - Where Do We Go From Here? bulletin on both blogs. Looked at making text reports with indexes and sources in FTM16, RootsMagic 4 and Legacy Family Tree 7 - and looked also at resolving place names. That's going to be an even bigger job! Arrgghhh.
* Worked a bit on the CVGS Newsletter, then went in at 5:15 PM to have dinner. Back afterward to work on newsletter until 7 PM, and answered some email too.
* Padres game started at 7 PM, so read the paper and then my new Deaver book - Pads lost 4-3 to Rocks (8th straight loss...panic time!). Drat.
* Read everything, wrote this post, will check Facebook and done.
Genealogy today was 10.0 hours - 1.0 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 1.5 hours writing blog posts, 3.5 hours working in the database, 1.0 hour working with software, 2.0 hours working on CVGS newsletter, and 0.5 hour on Twitter and Facebook.
Post a Comment