Summer finally came to Chula Vista - 85F here at the house, 100F out in Otay Ranch. It's been cool (5-10 degrees below normal highs of about 80F) all July and August except for about 3 days in early July. We love the cool, and suffer when it's hot (no air conditioning in the house. It's 85F as I write this in the Genealogy Cave, and 76F outside. We have fans going!).
* Got breakfast for Lolo, and was starting email when Audrey woke up. Got her fed, and Tami took off about 9 AM with Linda to go shopping and get haircuts.
* Read email and blogs, wrote (Not So) Wordless Wednesday - Post 116: Betty and the Flivver and then CGSSD Meeting on Saturday 8/21: "Looking Up My Ancestors" but set it for noontime. Got cleaned up.
* Went off at 10:50 AM for McDonalds for lunch, the bank and the library for CVGS Computer Group meeting. Got it set up for Shirley - had a nice group of 15 folks today.
* Home by 1:30 PM, watched end of Padres game (we won 5-1 over Cubs), read everything, wrote Caleb Johnson's MayflowerHistory.com Site and then worked in my database a bit on sources and spouse families.
* Tami and I took the grandgirls to El Pollo Loco for dinner, then to the bayfront to play on equipment at playground and walk out on the pier.
* Home by 8 PM, gave girls a bath, got them to bed, read everything, checked Facebook, answered some email and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 6.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 2.0 hours writing blog posts, 2.0 hours at CVGS meeting, 0.5 hours on Facebook, 1.5 hours working in database.