The highlight was Steve Morse, of course. The Padres won too. The nap was great.
* Read email, blogs and Twitter, and noted that Surname Saturday - PHILLIPS (England > MA) posted. Tweeted a bit then got cleaned up and ready to go to UCSD for CGSSD meeting.
* Left at 8:20 AM, got to UCSD at 8:50 AM, settled into conference room right in middle of the seats - perfect view of the slides and speaker. Steve Morse gave a two-hour presentation about his One-Step Web Site (www.stevemorse.org) and then an hour more after a refreshment break. Excellent stuff.
* Almost hurt myself leaving the center - turned into a large window and hit my head and bounced off (knocked my glasses off too). Staggered but didn't fall, and no ill effects. Could have been much worse. Missed the door by three feet. Have no clue why I did that, but scared me, and scared most who saw and heard it happen. Had never been in this building before - must have been distracted by a pretty girl.
* Went to lunch with Pam, Gene, Phyllis and Jackie at TGIFridays to celebrate my survival of the window crash. Was home by 2:30 PM. Read everything, noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - I Write Like... had posted. Went in and too a nap.
* Woke up at 3:40 PM, woke Linda up and we left at 3:50 PM for the Padres game. Stopped at El Pollo Loco for takeout, got the 4:30 trolley, at Petco Park at 5 PM, ate dinner before the game started at 5:35 PM. Padres won 8-5 over Arizona. Home by 9:20 PM.
* Read everything, wrote this post, will check Facebook too.
Genealogy today was 5.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour writing blogs, and 3.5 hours at CGSSD meeting.