The day had gone exactly to plan until my daughter called at 5 p.m. The dishwasher had overflowed and they had standing water throughout the house. Could we take the grandgirls for several days? Of course we could, and we will enjoy them... but it sure changed my evening genealogy plans.
* Read email, blogs and Twitter and posted Amanuensis Monday - the probate records of Elizabeth (Arnold) (Hawkins) Smith.
* Got cleaned up, gathered my OASIS class material, and out the door at 9:10 a.m. Got to Mission Valley by 9:35 and was set up for class by 10 a.m. Loaded Ancestry.com, LearnWebSkills, FamilySearch on the browser, RootsMagic with my file, and the PDF of my presentation. The class went well, although I couldn't solve all of the research problems they had.
* Left at 12:30 p.m., stopped at McDonalds for lunch, then to the library for Table Talk with Gary and Ruth, and home by 2 p.m.
* Read everything, wrote "Trees" on FamilySearch Beta Site. Opened my database and tried to work on errors and duplicates - got the Hs done, plus some whole families. Checked in on Facebook.
* Went in at 4:45 p.m. to read the paper, take a nap and have dinner, but Tami called with her flood problem. No nap for me! We had dinner, and left around 6:15 for Temecula to meet and pick up the grandgirls.
* Got there at 7:30, met up and transferred the stuff, had a drink, watched the girls play on the equipment, and left at 8:30 for home. Lolo talked and sang all the way and Audrey dozed. Got here by 9:45 and Audrey went right to sleep. Lolo is still up at 10:30. Wrote this post and I'm off to bed myself.
Genealogy today was 6.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 1.5 hours writing blog posts, 0.5 hour at library, 2.5 hours on OASIS Class, and 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook.