The first CVGS Genealogy 101 day is here and I was ready for it. Didn't get much else done, besides blogging, today!
* Read email, blogs and Twitter, then posted Tombstone Tuesday - Unmarked Graves in Searchlight, Nevada and Randy's NGS 2010 Photos - Post 1. Got cleaned up.
* Proofed the class syllabus material one more time, checked against presentation, made minor edits, and printed off the 11 page syllabus. Also printed up 8 forms and charts. Went to UPS store to get 20 copies of both sets of stuff. Back by 12 noon to have lunch at home.
* Wrote Family Tree Magazine sizes up the Genealogy Market and researched FamilySearch Beta Library Search - FAIL and set it for later. Transferred Genealogy 101 material to flash drive and to laptop - tested it, and I'm ready to go!
* Packed everything up ready to go, and went in at 4 p.m. to read the paper, rest my eyes, and eat dinner.
* Left after 5 p.m. for the library, got there at 5:15, students eagerly waiting at the door! Got set up and 18 of 19 were there at 5:30 p.m. start. The 19th came later. Went until almost 8 p.m. - had too many slides or not enough time! Always the case, I fear! The group seemed to get much out of it. Ruth and Gary helped with paperwork and snacks/drinks.
* Was home by 8:15 p.m. to find two little girls eager to talk to me and play with me. I obliged while watching Padres game. Audrey went to bed OK, but Lolo is still up at 10:30, I fear. Read everything, checked Facebook and wrote this post around Padres at-bats. Pads won 3-2 in bottom of 9th inning over Rockies (now 17-10, still first place in NL West).
Genealogy today was 9.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 2.5 hours writing five blog posts, and 5.0 hours on CVGS Genealogy 101 class.