It rained pretty much all day here, with thunder/lightning tonight. Hopefully, the storm will pass without more damage in California. It was not a big genealogy day for me because the grandgirls are still here and require constant attention, and Linda and I share the load.
* Managed to read half of my email before Lolo commandeered the computer at 8 a.m. Treaaure Chest Thursday - Austin Carringer's Fireman Certificate posted.
* Got cleaned up, and left at 9:15 a.m. with laptop, projector and GPS in hand to go speak to the PEO meeting in Eastlake on "Genealogy - Be An Ancestry Detective." Was set up and ready to go at 10 a.m., with about 30 women in attendance. Finished at 10:45 a.m., and they all seemed interested.
* Left quickly and went to the Rohr Engineers Retiree luncheon at Jimmy's Restaurant in Chula Vista. Was home by 12:45 p.m. to find the girls down for naps.
* Read rest of email, then blogs, checked Facebook, and noted that Exploring FamilyLink.com Trees - Big FAIL posted. Tired, so went in and took a nap.
* Lolo woke me up at 2:30, and we watched TV and played until 5, when Linda had dinner ready. Randy and Abigail came over at 6 p.m. to play until 7:15, and Linda went off to her GNO with church group. Got girls bathed, dressed, brushed, fed and put down easily. Had to miss TGSG chat tonight because of time conflicts.
* Back on computer at 8:30 p.m., read everything, then wrote two posts for Friday. I'm trying to stay ahead while the girls are here, and really have just the evening to do it. Wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 5.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 2.0 hours at PEO meeting and 1.5 hours writing blog posts.