Keeping two active little girls inside and entertained is a major struggle for us old folks - but the rain finally stopped after five straight days and our little darlings went home today with their mother.
Friday - 22 January:
* Managed to read email and Twitter but then had to feed and play with the grandgirls until Linda came home. Follow Friday - Elyse's Genealogy Blog posted while we were playing with blocks on the floor.
* Ventured out in the rain to get gas and go to the bank, came home for lunch and read blogs while the girls napped. Ancestry.com Financial and Subscriber Information posted. Then I napped too.
* Worked with the girls, occasionally came in to read email and blogs and Twitter, checked Facebook, etc. did nothing really useful, except print out my handout for the Saturday talk at EGS.
* Went to dinner at Chick-fil-A. The girls like the food, the indoor playground is pretty good, and we share a chocolate milk shake - making family history!
* Home by 7 p.m., got girls bathed and jammied and put to bed. Audrey went easily at 8, Lolo fought sleep until after 10:30. No wonder she's cranky some days.
* Read everything, wrote two posts for Saturday. Copied files for Saturday presentation to flash drive and laptop. Wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 4.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 1.0 hour on presentation, and 2.0 hours writing blog posts for Saturday.
Saturday - 23 January:
* Audrey up early, Lolo slept late. Got them fed and entertained. Read email and Twitter but nothing else this morning. Surname Saturday - VAUX posted. Got them dressed, packed their suitcases, and loaded into car by 9 a.m.
* Got to Escondido by 9:45 a.m., Linda dropped me at library and went to shopping center. Tami came down and met them at lunch time and took them home.
* Met Ray before library opened, got laptop and projector set up in meeting room, and EGS meeting started at 10:20 a.m. Presented "Genealogy Blogging" talk. Ray took me down to the shopping center afterwards. Was sorry to miss the lunch with the EGS folks. Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Interests? posted.
* Grabbed a Subway sandwich, we headed for home, back by 1:15 p.m. Read email and blogs, and went in to take my well-deserved nap.
* Back online at 3 p.m., answered several emails requesting information. Added and edited sources and notes for some of my CT/RI ancestral families. That was fun.
* Took Linda out to dinner as reward for being such a good grandma...went to Black Angus for filet mignon dinner - she had a $10 coupon and a gift card - cost us only $20 cash! Home by 7:15 p.m.
* Read everything, then read several online articles, and wrote Best of Genea-blogs post for Sunday. Wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 7.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 2.0 hours working on databases notes and sources, 2.0 hours at EGS meeting, 0.5 hour researching correspondent question, and 1.5 hour writing blog posts.