January is almost half over - it's been an interesting genealogy month so far!
* Read email, blogs and Twitter and posted Follow Friday -- TransylvanianDutch and then Megan's new book - Who Do You Think You Are?
* Got cleaned up, came back and wrote Ancestry Magazine Discontinues Publication and then 1950 Census Substitutes on Ancestry.com. Whew - 4 posts this morning - things happen sometimes!
* Left at 10:45 a.m. for the post office to mail Christmas box to Santa Cruz (late delivery!), then to Costco to look at toys and book s and have lunch, and then pick up George for our walk in the sunshine on the bayfront. Was home by 1 p.m.
* Really tired, so sat in my chair, closed my eyes and napped for 30 minutes. Then back to computer!
* Noted that Ancestry.com fixed the 1950 link, so updated my post. Read everything, answered some emails, and worked on some of the sources in my database. Trying to make VR sources match sources already in notes.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to read paper, watch TV news, eat dinner, do dishes, back online at 6:30.
* Wrote Genealogy Site Traffic Trends - FamilyLink.com and WorldVitalRecords.com and then wrote three more posts for Saturday because it will be a busy day. Checked in on Twitter and Facebook, then wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 9.0 hours - 1.0 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 1.0 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 4.0 hours writing blog posts, 2.0 hours in database, and 0.5 hour on Ancestry.com.