Sunday and Monday were not major genealogy days for different reasons - football and family. There are things that happen in a moment, or an hour, that take awhile to explain. The Chargers game is one of those. So was today's phone call...
Sunday - 17 January
* Read everything, added a few items to Best of the Genea-Blogs - January 10-16, 2010 and set it to post after 12:30 p.m. Went to church.
* Home from church and store by 12:15 p.m., took a short nap watching Vikings romp the Cowboys, then watched Chargers/Jets game. In horror and disbelief. Another bad performance in the playoffs. Too many stupid play calls, missed opportunities, penalties, etc., and the two critical mistakes - missed tackle and interception. Jets have a decent defense and good enough offense. Can't believe that they will beat Indy next week. Not sure Chargers would have either. Oh well. Had dinner after game.
* Came in to read everything at 6:30 p.m., wrote Gena Ortega's "Social Networking and Genealogy" talk at CGSSD, checked Facebook, and went in to watch 24 at 9 p.m. Went to bed afterwards.
Genealogy today was 2.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs,0.5 hour on Facebook/Twitter, and 1.0 hour writing blog posts.
Monday - 18 January
* Read everything, wrote and posted Amanuensis Monday - the Will of John Norman (1660?-1709?) and then wrote Genealogy Site Traffic - Rankings, US People and Visits to wrap up the traffic series, and set it for early afternoon. Got cleaned up.
* Linda called to say we need to drive to Temecula to pick up Lolo for the week - Tami's family is sick and she wants to protect Lolo if possible. When she came home she fell in the garage without me hearing her until she crawled to the front door and rapped on the glass. She's OK, bruised a bit. Left at 11:30, got there at 12:45, had lunch at In'N'Out and were back home with Lolo by 2:45 p.m.
* Took a well-deserved nap while Lolo worked with Linda, then came in and read everything before letting Lolo play on Nick Jr for awhile.
* Read paper, watched TV, had dinner, enjoyed Rocky Road ice cream with Lolo, gave her a bath, and she read with Linda before bed at 7:15. I read everything, checked Facebook and Twitter, and not much else.
* Went in at 8 p.m. to watch 24, and back on computer at 10 p.m. to write this post. Lolo finally asleep after 9.
Genealogy today was 4.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Facebook/Twitter, and 3.0 hours writing blog posts.