Only seven more shopping days until Christmas. Linda brought home some clothes that she would like to have - I wrapped them quickly! Really not much of a genealogy day today - only some reading and blogging - no research, no other writing, too busy getting ready for Lucas and Logan coming tonight.
* Read email, blogs and Twitter, then noted Advent Calendar - Day 8: The Family Journal posted this morning.
* Researched and wrote Ancestry.com's New Database Browse Features and then Treasure Chest Thursday - World War I Draft Registration and set it for early afternoon.
* Got cleaned up, left at 10:10 to pick up my eyeglasses at the medical center. Close vision is not as good as what I have, but distant vision is better. They said "put them on first thing in the morning and your brain will adjust quickly." We'll see. That was Frustration #1. Frustration #2 was I stopped at the Lab to get the blood taken that the doctor wanted several weeks ago. They had no order for it, and the doctor's office said he was out of town. So no text. When I got home, the doctor's office called and said "we need you to go to the medical records office and sign a waiver." I was just there, of course, Frustration #3. Was home by 11:30 thoroughly pissed and still couldn't read using the new glasses.
* Decided to tackle the mess in the genealogy cave. Put the 8 inches of paper back on top of the bottom 8 inches, straightened up the stacks a bit, and tackled the pile of financial papers on the table. Threw out a bunch, whittled it down to five inches in neat folders. Took several hours.
* Linda came home and we wrapped all the gifts we have for the kids, and put them by the tree. Read everything and was sleepy, so went in at 4 p.m. to read paper and watch TV. We left at 4:45 for Toys R Us to buy whiffle ball stuff, then to airport to pick up Lori and the boys, and then to Rubios for dinner. Home by 7:30.
* Played with the boys for awhile - then they had baths, watched the Santa personalized video with each of them (pretty cool) and they went to bed. I read online and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 3.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, and 2.0 hours writing blog posts.