Missed posting yesterday - was really tired! You'll see why...
Friday - 18 December:
* Barely got email, blogs and Twitter read in the morning due to feeding and playing with Lucas and Logan while their mom slept and Linda went off on errands.
* Advent Calendar - Day 7: Christmas Stockings posted while I slept, Follow Friday -- Family Matters posted while I monitored Disney Channel, and Christmas Names in the Census Records posted while I was napping in the afternoon.
* We left for the San Diego Zoo at 10 a.m. - took the skyride across, walked through Elephant Odyssey (first time for Logan and Lori), and had lunch at the place on the north end. Lori and the boys ice skated for 20 minutes at the small rink there - not real ice, but realistic skating except for the air temperature. Walked through to the exit, and were home by 2 p.m. I took a nap, but nobody else did I think.
* Played outside with the boys - baseball and chase tag. Watched TV, had dinner, and then we went out to see Christmas Circle here in Chula Vista with lighted Christmas displays of all kinds. We walked the mile course. Home by 7 p.m, got boys bathed, dressed and fed dessert, then to bed.
* Wrote two blog posts for Saturday...working ahead!
Genealogy today was 2.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, and 1.0 hour writing blog posts. Lots of family history though! We were all tired, even the boys.
Saturday - 19 December:
* Got boys fed breakfast, then I went off to men's bible study breakfast, home by 9:30 a.m. Played baseball outside, had lunch, then decided to go to the beach at Imperial Beach in the afternoon.
* Was able to read email and blogs and Twitter and check Facebook throughout the morning.
* Advent Calendar - Day 6: Christmas Shopping posted while I was sleeping, Surname Saturday - SMITH of Medfield and Dedham MA posted while I was having breakfast, and Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Genealogy Gift posted while I was at the beach!
* Left at 11:30 for the beach - warm air, cold water, but the boys got all wet and loved it. Played catch with Lucas there, but didn't even get my feet wet. We were home by 1:30 p.m. to help Linda get ready for dinner and the crowd.
* Tami and her family came at 4 p.m., and we had gift opening for almost an hour. The kids tore into everything and I got some pictures and video. We had dinner and dessert, and some pictures, then Tami and her family went home to Victorville, leaving after 7 p.m. The boys bathed and dressed and went to bed easily.
* Came in and read everything, then wrote the Best Of post for Sunday, and then this post.
Genealogy today was 3.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, and 1.5 hours writing blog posts.