Was all set for a big genealogy day, and then fate stepped in ... to make it a frustrating day all-around. Oh well, tomorrow is another genealogy day with Linda off in Victorville having fun with the grand-girls.
* Read email, genea-blogs and Twitter, and noted that Advent Calendar - Day 15: Christmas Gifts posted early in the morning. Need to add pictures to it for the Smile for the Camera Carnival.
* Started to write a blog post, but noted that my McAfee Security Center subscription expires on 12 December. Ah, I renewed back in September. Found the registration number, went to the site, downloaded the update, but it wouldn't install over the current software. I couldn't figure out how to uninstall or delete the old one. Contacted Help desk and after two chats with helpful people in India I had the uninstall software loaded and working, and then installed the new software. However, I lost 2.5 months of the new subscription because the expiration date is 12 months after the purchase. Just damn! Very frustrating. That plus two hours of wasted time. I'll have to do the same thing with the laptop soon.
* Posted Treasure Chest Thursday: Seaver-Richmond Wedding Announcement before heading off to lunch at Costco, window shopping at Costco, and then a walk with George on the bayfront. After that, went to Best Buy, Verizon and Wal-Mart looking for gifts but didn't find what I wanted. Another frustrating shopping experience. Arrgghhh.
* Home by 1:45 p.m., read everything and posted Footnote.com Available to NEHGS Members. Worked for a while in Los Angeles and Philadelphia City Directories on Footnote.com for a colleague.
* Read the Ancestry.com blog post about Nebraska State Census records and found the D.J. Smith family and posted The Nebraska State Censuses - 1860 to 1885.
* Checked in on Facebook, and noticed my most recent Twitter posts were not listed. The blog posts were, but not the tweets. Drat. Must have done something in the new Privacy settings.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to read paper, watch TV news, and have dinner. Back on the computer at 6 p.m.
* Reorganized some of my genealogy computer files - tried to get all of the newspaper images in one place and named consistently - had three of same thing in different folders. Organized Seaver and Carringer data into sub-folders also. Need to go through a major consistency in naming exercise and get them into my erstwhile new filing system.
* Transcribed several more wedding announcements into the Family Journal, edited the 16 pages, and have it pretty much ready to print off. Need to edit it one more time - read it carefully, and look for content, punctuation and grammar problems.
* Wrote this blog post and I'm done for the night.
Genealogy today was 9.0 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blog posts, 1.0 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 2.5 hours researching and writing blog posts, 1.0 hour doing online searches, 1.5 hours organizing genealogy files, and 2.0 hours working on Family Journal.