It was almost a typical genealogy Saturday in Randy's world... a society meeting, some blogging, dinner out, and more.
* Up early, got email and lbogs read before leaving for the CGSSD meeting at UCSD. Family Tree Builder 4.0 - Post 4: Family Information posted while I was out (wrote it last night)!
* Got to UCSD at 8:50, up the hill to the auditorium, sat in on Legacy software meeting with my laptop - had to load GEDCOM. Watched several Legacy training videos - unexciting, very detailed. New info for me, though - not sure how much will stick.
* Barbara Renick gave program at 10:15 until 11:45. Interesting, useful. Will write it up for Sunday. Invited to lunch with SDGS folks - went to Guadalajara and had an ice lunch and great fellowship.
* Home by 2 p.m., read everything, worked on Saturday Night Genealogy Fun and got it posted by 2:45 p.m. Tweeted it. Went in to watch baseball, read paper and take a nap. Success!
* Watched Padres game until time to meet Linda and friends at The Galley. Had a nice Fish & Chips dinner. Home by 6:30 p.m. Watched end of Padres game (lost 7-4 - third game in a row). Linda used computer...
* Back online at 8:15 p.m., read everything, wrote up Renick presentation to post on Sunday morning. Worked for awhile on presentation - adding charts and polishing them up. Then wrote this post. Will check Facebook later.
Genealogy today was 8.0 hours - 1.0 hours reading email, and blogs, 0.5 hour on Facebook and Twitter, 4.0 hours at CGSSD meeting and lunch, 1.5 hours writing blog posts, and 1.0 hour working on presentation.