My mother would have been 90 years old today. I wish that I could speak to her again and ask her more questions - especially about the pictures in her father's scrapbook!
* The GE appliance repairman came this morning, and fixed the switch on the stove that had burned out. Then he found the real problem - the stove top burners are sparking and shorting out, and are an electrocution hazard! He will order more parts and come back to fix all four burners, probably next week.
* Finally on the computer by 9 a.m., read email, blogs and Twitter, and started work on Standardizing names in family trees. Got cleaned up, and came back and posted "Cemetery Sexton" in Graveyard Rabbit Online Journal.
* Ate lunch at home, and went off to the library in order to finish up the City Directories query. Was home by 1:30 p.m.
* Created screen shots and then wrote Making Ancestry.com Index Updates and posted it.
* Decided to work in my database creating more source citations. I have quite a few in my Notes already, so it was a matter of switching between Facts and Notes in FTM 16 to copy and paste from one to the other. Got most of the census and other citations on the Carringer family done. Still lots to do!
* At 5:15 p.m., we left for dinner with our neighbors out to Oggi's, a Pizza and Sports place in Otay Ranch. Linda and I had pizza and Ruth and Kurt had FettuAlfredo. We were home by 7 p.m., but Linda had lots of prayer chain requests to do on the computer so I read the paper and my book and watched TV.
* Finally back on at 9 p.m., read everything, then remembered about the Carnival of Genealogy, and wrote 18 April 1906 - San Francisco - They Were There. Then wrote this post and I'm done.
Genealogy today was 8.0 hours - 1.5 hour reading everything, 2.5 hours researching and writing blog posts, 1.5 hours on CVGS query, and 2.5 hours on database.