Finished two more tasks today - now I can work on the Beginning Genealogy talk at the library on 6/22 and my FORUM column on genealogy 2.0 for awhile.
* Up early again, on the computer by 7:30 reading email, Twitter and blogs. Posted Beginning Genealogy Helps - Post 3: LearnWebSkills Tutorial and got cleaned up to go out. Emailed the CVGS newsletter PDF to the members. Gathered my OASIS class handouts, made sure I had my flash drive, grabbed the extra newsletters for the library and left at 9:20 for Mission Valley.
* Got into the classroom at 9:45 and got set up for the class. 8 of the 10 showed up for the 4th and final session. They've been very positive about the class, but somewhat confused by all of the information thrown at them over the last month. I had a 45 minute presentation, then we worked on their research problems for the last hour. Solved 4 out of 5! I've found that by demonstrating how to use search techniques that they learn better especially if I talk my way through them. Stopped by the OASIS office afterwards to sign my contract for the October classes. Left for home at 12:30.
* Stopped at McDonalds for lunch, then to the library to drop off the extra newsletters and talk to Gary and Ann, and was home before 2 p.m.
* Read everything, then wrote California Vital Records Redaction and captured screens before writing Working in RootsMagic 4 - Post 24: Mapping. Read more. At 5, went in to watch TV news, take a nap, read the paper, and eat dinner. Was back on the computer by 6:30 and wrote June Newsletter is online before watching the Padres game.
* Watched the Padres game while watering back yard and front plants, finished the paper and started my new Jeffrey Deaver detective novel. He is great! Padres won 6-3, and came back to the computer at 9:45.
* Read everything, answered some emails, and wrote this post.
Genealogy today was 7.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 2.5 hours on OASIS class, 1.0 hour on CVGS things, and 2.5 hours writing blog posts.