Completely forgot to write my journal last night after the Padres game. My Geneaholic stats surely suffered! Here's what I've done the last two days:
* Up early on Saturday for the men's group breakfast at 8, was home by 9:30. Read email, Twitter and blogs, and posted It's Official -- NARA Laguna Niguel to Close and wrote Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Where were they in 1909? to post in the early afternoon. Had a great response to this one - seems like many bloggers like a family history challenge.
* Finalized my OASIS "Beginning Computer Genealogy" class handout and presentation. Made PDFs, transferred to flash drive. Answered some email from students about their problems.
* Added more content to the CVGS newsletter, but the meeting minutes are late because Secretary is in LA. Tonight? Hope so. All done now except for one page. Decided to make it 10 pages and put the computer stuff in the middle pages as a pullout.
* Wrote two blog posts for Sunday because I'm gonna be busier than a genealogist with a 20 generation pedigree chart. There's a good SNGF!!! Cool.
* Watched the Belmont Stakes, and at 5 p.m. we left for the Padres game. Are dinner at Rubios, Took trolley to Petco Park, watched my Padres win 6-4. Home at 11 p.m. Read everything, but no posts. The minutes came by email.
Genealogy Saturday was 6.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 1.0 hour on OASIS class stuff, 1.0 hour on CVGS newsletter and 3.0 hours on writing blog posts.
I knew Sunday was going to be a busy day under deadline pressure, so was on the computer by 7:30.
* Squeezed the CVGS meeting minutes onto one page, edited and reviewed one last time before finalizing it as a PDF. Made the black and white copy for the printer. Printed out the black and white copy. Ancestry Quirks - Census Source Citations posted this morning.
* Got cleaned up and left for church at 9:30, was home by 11:30. Had lunch, made the labels, found the stamps, got the bag of stuff together and left at 12:15 for the copy shop. The damn copy machines would not make two-sided 11 x 17 black and white copies. One crumpled paper, the second came out blank, the third jammed up. Susi came to help me and did most of the work folding, stamping, labelling and taping. We had to use two-sided black and white 8.5 x 11 pages and staple them. We made 40 copies, 24 of which get mailed. We were done by 1 p.m. Best of the Genea-Blogs - May 31 - June 6, 2009 posted while I was at the copy shop.
* Watched the Padres game for awhile, took a short nap, read the paper, until the Pads were hopelessly behind 5-0. Came in to read everything, then print out the OASIS class handouts. Collated and stapled them. Went in at 3:45 to watch end of Padres game - they tied it with 5 in the 9th (and lost it 9-6 in the 18th later).
* Left for dinner in Coronado with the Roeters at 4:10, ate at Miguel's Cocina. Walked over to Lamb's Players Theater to see The Fantasticks. I thought it was terrible - fell asleep too several times. I don't mind musicals but this one didn't have many memorable songs. Either the script was poor or the actors were hopeless. Home by 9 p.m. to help Linda get set up for her luncheon tomorrow for her Bible study group.
* Read everything, then wrote this post. Will go to bed early tonight.
Genealogy Sunday was 4.5 hours - 0.5 hour doing email, 0.5 hour reading blogs, 0.5 hour on Twitter/Facebook, 0.5 hour writing blog posts, 2.0 hours on CVGS newsletter, and 0.5 hour on OASIS class.