This was my grandfather's (Lyle Lawrence Carringer) 128th birthday - probably the biggest male role model in my life. I sure wish I had talked to him more about his life experiences.
* Dropped Linda at the Y, then to Sunset at the Park for the CVPC men's breakfast and Bible study at 8 a.m. Picked her up at 9:45 a.m. and we went to the grocery store, and home by 10:20 a.m.
* Noted that Surname Saturday -- LNU (Susanna, who married Roger Buck, England to colonial Massachusetts) posted, added to the Best Of post, and wrote the FamilySearch and Ancestry posts.
* Answered several Ancestry messages, and added a Seaver marriage to the database, then fixed the family in FamilySearch Family Tree. Noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Your Favorite Hallowe'en Memory posted.
Went in at 1 p.m. to watch sports, read the paper, have lunch and napped in the recliner.
* Online at 3 p.m. to read, worked on some WebHints, and answered emails.
* Paul and Deb arrived at 4:30 for their visit, and we left at 5:15 for dinner at Black Angus. We had a great conversation about family, genealogy, life, etc. They evacuated from their home last Saturday and have been on the road since.
* Home from dinner at 8:30 and they went to their hotel by 9 p.m. I set our clocks back an hour. Online to read, check Facebook, and write this post. Noted that Added and Updated Record Collections at FamilySearch.org - Week of 27 October to 2 November 2019 posted. Genealogy today was 4.5 hours.