My Padres have given up 9, 12 and 14 runs so far to the Rockies, but have scored 6, 16 and 8, so we've won one out of 3. Pitching - where art thou?
1) Friday, 14 June:
* Dropped Linda at the Y, home to read email, add to the Best Of post and note that 52 Ancestors - Week 282: #478 Thomas Gach (1702-1770) of Woodbridge, New Jersey posted.
* Picked her up and we went to the grocery store. Home by 9:40 a.m. to find the hillside partly done already.
* Online to read, then wrote New Records Available To Search This Findmypast Friday, 14 June 2019. Worked on the second presentation adding another 20 slides. Still have al ot of notation and clarifying to do. Feeling like I will have the two talks ready in four weeks now.
* Tried to nap, then had lunch, and worked a bit on Ancestry ThruLines. The hillside guy finished and I paid him off. Looks OK, difficult to trim a hillside. Wrote Genealogy News Bytes - 14 June 2019 and checked Twitter and Facebook.
* Laid down again and napped. Online at 4:15 p.m. to read, answer email, and wrote the Surname post.
* Went in at 5:20 p.m. to eat dinner, read the paper, then my book, and watched the Padres game. A 5 hour game, 12 innings, with the Pads coming from behind (down 11-4 after 7) to tie it in the 9th and win it in the 12th 16-12. Padres now 34-36 on the season.
* Did not journal because it was almost 11 p.m. Genealogy this day was 7.5 hours.
2) Saturday, 15 June:
* Checked email and blogs, dropped Linda at the Y, then off to my men's group breakfast. Picked her up at 9:35 and we went to Costco, and then to Jerome's looking for a table lamp.
* Home by 10:45 a.m., noted that Surname Saturday - GAWKROGER (England to colonial Massachusetts) posted, and wrote the SNGF post, and then the FamilySearch and Ancestry posts.
* Had lunch, then worked in Pennsylvania Death Certificates Hints on Ancestry - resolved about 120 of them. 360 to go.
* Noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Your Favorite Photo of Your Father posted. Answered email, made several Seaver family reports and sent them to correspondents. Took a nap.
* Online at 4:15 p.m., poked around in Connecticut Wills and Probates and found two interesting Seaver estates - one mentioned two children I didn't know about, the other had an adopted child.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to eat dinner, and watch the Padres game. A 3.5 hour game, and the pitching failed again - 14-8 loss to the Rockies. So now 34-37 on the season.
* Online at 9:20 p.m. to read, answer email, add to the Best Of post, and noted that Added and Updated Record Collections at FamilySearch.org - Week of 9 to 15 June 2019 posted. Genealogy this day was 6.0 hours.
Post a Comment