Well, this was a day for surprises. Sometimes things suddenly don't work. Rained off and on all morning here.
* Dropped Linda at the Y, home to read email and blogs, added to the Best Of post, and noted that Treasure Chest Tuesday -- 1796 Birth and Baptism Record of Elisabet Konig in York, Pennsylvania posted.
* Picked her up, and went to the grocery store. Home by 9:45 a.m. Online to read, then checked Seaver entries on Billion Graves. Found 2 that I didn't have a RootsMagic entry for, but research did not find them after an hour or more of trying.
* Wrote Findmypast Says "Get Ready for Ancestor Sharing" and had lunch. Added to the Best Of post, and worked in WebHints in RootsMagic for awhile.
* Wrote Genealogy News Bytes - 30 April 2019 and then checked Twitter and Facebook.
* Heard a noise in the family room, and Linda yelped. Went in and our chairside table with the attached lamp had the lamp fixture broken - it exploded and she got her hand blackened. Unplugged it, emptied it, but we didn't have a replacement so kept it there, with a freestanding desk light to read by. Very bright but works great! Whew. Looked online for replacement table "just like ours" which is 30-40 years old.
* Padres game started at 4:20, so read the paper, ate dinner, did the dishes and read my book. Padres beat Braves 4-3 so now 17-13 on the season.
* Online at 7:10 p.m. and wrote two posts for Wednesday. Started to work in RootsMagic and it didn't open right. A message said "There was a problem loading the user preferences." I tried entering all of the user preferences and RM froze before I could save them. Posted the problem to Facebook, then decided to try something. Got it working, I think!
* Added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 9.5 hours.
Here are the numbers from my RootsMagic database as of 30 April (with increases in the numbers from 31 March in parentheses):
* 53,513 persons (+ 382)
* 21,673 families (+ 156)
* 172,390 events (+ 1047)
* 6,849 Alternate Names (+ 195)
* 11,618 places (+ 65)
* 1,892 sources (- 47)
* 104,195 citations (+ 1020)
* 1,302 Multi-media Items (+ 16)
* 3,207 Multimedia links (+ 7)
* 30,783 matched to FSFT (+ 607)
I'm up to 60.44% (+0.22%) for citations/events and 194.71% (+0.52%) for citations/persons.
Genea-Musings statistics for April (compared to stats for March):
* 86,444 page views (2,881 per day, Blogger Stats, + 270)
* >2,100 readers on Feedly (+??)
* 3,488 readers via email (Feedburner) (- 8)