I missed journaling last night - New Year's Eve...but I forgot! Rained yesterday, cool and clear today.
1) Monday, 31 December 2018
* Read email and blogs, noted that Amanuensis Monday - 1833 Deed of Stow Hildreth to Zachariah Hildreth in Townsend, Mass. posted, added to the Best Of post, then wrote Top 40 Most Viewed Posts in 2018 on Genea-Musings.
* Downloaded the AncestryDNA AutoCluster from Genetic Affairs, and looked at it. Can't read the names - probably have too many matches - 631 on the chart. Ran it with 20 cM minimum.
* Had lunch, we went to the grocery store, wrote My RootsMagic Genealogy Database Statistics Update - 31 December 2018 and checked Twitter and Facebook.
* Went in at 4 p.m. to watch the Holiday Bowl game, had dinner, read the paper, washed dishes.
* Online at 7 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, and wrote Happy New Year! Let's Make 2019 A Great Year! Went in at 9 p.m. to watch the ball drop, then read my book watching TV news. Genealogy this day was about 7.0 hours.
2) Tuesday, 1 January 2019
* Online at 8 a.m. to read email and blogs, added to the Best Of post, and wrote Genealogy Industry Benchmark Numbers for 1 January 2019. Wrote GenSoftReviews Users Choice Awards for 2018 announced.
* Had lunch, decided to reduce the number of matches on the AutoCluster with a minimum of 25 cM, so ran it again and got only 420 but the names are still too big. The dots are bigger and more colorful. I probably will run it again at 30 cM minimum.
* Wrote Randy's Autosomal DNA Ethnicity and Match List - 1 January 2019. Went in and watched the first half of the Rose Bowl. Boring. Online at 3:30 to check Twitter and Facebook.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to eat dinner, read the paper, watch football, and do dishes. Online at 6 p.m. to write the Wordless post, then resolved about 300 Ancestry Hints adding content and sources to RootsMagic.
* Checked Facebook, answered email, added to the Best Of post, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 11.0 hours.
Here are the numbers from my RootsMagic database as of 31 December (with increases in the numbers from 30 November in parentheses):
* 51,984 persons (+ 580)
* 21,039 families (+ 232)
* 168,177 events (+ 1720)
* 5,977 Alternate Names (+ 222)
* 11,055 places (+ 112)
* 1,835 sources (- 27)
* 99,951 citations (+ 1568)
* 1,233 Multi-media Items (+ 6)
* 3,202 Multimedia links (- 1)
* 28,451 matched to FSFT (+ 810)
I'm up to 59.22% (+0.12%) for citations/events and 191.58% (+0.19%) for citations/persons.
Genea-Musings statistics for December (compared to stats for November):
* 65,467 page views (2,112 per day, Blogger Stats, + 0)
* >2,000 readers on Feedly (+??)
* 3,503 readers via email (Feedburner) (+ 4)