Nine months down, three to go and 2018 will be history. Time just flies by here in the genea-cave. I failed to journal the last two nights due to the Padres - the Friday game went 15 innings, and we went to the Saturday game. I was exhausted both nights.
1) Friday, 28 September:
* Dropped Linda, home to read, picked her up, noted that 52 Ancestors - Week 245: #370 Joseph Ladd (1701-1748) of Little Compton, Rhode Island posted and wrote New Records Available To Search This Findmypast Friday, 28 September 2018.
* Edited the Cox presentation one last time, and practiced it again. Got everything into PDF, on the flash drive, Dropbox and Google Drive. Printed off the edited ancestors report I did and put it in a notebook.
* Had lunch, and wrote Genealogy News Bytes - 28 September 2018. Checked Twitter and Facebook. Worked a bit in FamilySearch. Wrote the Surname and SNGF posts, plus the Ancestry and FamilySearch posts. Got everything together for the presentations and in the laptop case.
* Had dinner, then online to TreeShare some of the big tree and then went in to watch the Padres game. Got the presentations installed on the laptop and checked them out. Padres won 302 in 15 innings, but we went to bed at 11 p.m. in the 12th inning. Genealogy this day was 8.5 hours.
2) Saturday, 29 September:
* Dropped Linda, home to read, picked her up, and home. Added to the Best Of post and answered email.
* Gathered the papers and flash drive and laptop and left for the library at 9:45 a.m. Got set up for the DNA presentation at 10:30, and then the Cox presentation at 12 noon. Had a good 30 minutes with the family afterwards. Wandered the library looking at all of the displays and checked with the volunteers. Headed home at 2:15. Took a nap.
* Online at 3:15 to read, answer email, add to the Best Of post, noted that the three Saturday posts posted.
* We left at 4 p.m. for In 'n' Out (it's out-the-door-line busy) for dinner, then the trolley to Petco to watch our last game of the season. Pads lost 5-4 to Dbacks, so we ended up 8-13 on the season.
* Home by 10 p.m. to read, but didn't journal. Genealogy this day was 6.0 hours.
3) Sunday, 30 September 2018:
* Read email and blogs, got deeds for the Hildreths, and off to church at 9:40 a.m. Home by 11:10 a.m. and transcribed a will and wrote the amanuensis Monday post. Went in to watch football and eat lunch.
* Chargers game started at 1:25 p.m., but we left for the CVGS Family History Day after-party at Castros. Had a great time, and got to watch Chargers game - they beat 49ers 29-27. Home by 5:30 p.m. to watch TV news. Padres won 4-3 in 10 innings to end up 66-96 on the season.
* Online at 6 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, and noted that the Ancestry and Best Of posts posted. Resolved 200 Ancestry Hints for the Cox tree (yes, i'm still working on it!). Wrote this post. Genealogy today was 3.5 hours.
4) End-of-month statistics:
Here are the numbers from my RootsMagic database as of 30 September (with increases in the numbers from 31 August in parentheses):
* 50,853 persons (+ 194)
* 20,565 families (+ 83)
* 164,674 events (+ 574)
* 5,383 Alternate Names (+ 68)
* 10,736 places (+ 161)
* 1,804 sources (+ 40)
* 96,187 citations (+ 393)
* 1,211 Multi-media Items (+ 9)
* 3,195 Multimedia links (+ 4)
* 26,243 matched to FSFT (+ 669)
Pretty good progress there, even though I have been working on my CVGS project, plus the Padre games take several hours almost every day.
I'm up to 59.63% (+1.25%) for citations/events and 189.15% (+0.04%) for citations/persons.
Genea-Musings statistics for September (compared to stats for August):
* 69,851 page views (2,328 per day, Blogger Stats, - 180)
* 16,416 page views ( 547 per day, Statcounter, - 182)
* 11,775 sessions (393 per day, Statcounter, - 195)
* >2,000 readers on Feedly (+??)
* 3,487 readers via email (Feedburner) (- 4)