I took Saturday off to visit the grandchildren, but made up for it on Sunday with a big genealogy day.
1) Saturday, 9 June:
* Dropped Linda off at the Y, home to read, noted that Surname Saturday -- KING (England to colonial Massachusetts) posted, then picked her up, and home by 9:15. I took a short nap.
* We left at 10:15 a.m. for the 102 mile trip to Huntington Beach, but stopped in Carlsbad for lunch at In 'n' Out. Some traffic problems on I-5, and we got to Tami's at 1 p.m. Tami took us to the play at 1:30 p.m. Lauren was Miss Andrew and Audrey was a statue and a chimney sweep. They did well. Back to the house at 4 p.m. Played a bit with Charlie, then we had dinner, and went to the park. Back for dessert and we left at 6:40 p.m. for home, getting here at 8:15 p.m. No traffic.
* Checked email, added to the Best Of blog post, and noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Your Best Genealogy Research Find in May 2018 and Added or Updated Ancestry.com Record Collections - Week of 3 to 9 June 2018 posted.
* Didn't journal, tired. Genealogy on Saturday was maybe 2.5 hours.
2) Sunday, 10 June:
* Read email and blogs, but did n't go to church. Took a nap at 8:30 a.m. because I didn't sleep well.
* Noted that Added or Updated Record Collections at FamilySearch.org - Week of 3 to 9 June 2018 posted, added to the Best Of post, and then worked on the CVGS project. Had some luck finding English parish records for the new great-grandparents, and worked awhile on that.
* The Padres played in Miami, and won 3-1, so now 31-36 on the season. I watched last three innings, read the paper, and had lunch.
* Online to work more on the parish records, then transcribed a will in the "To be filed" directory. After I did that, I figured out that I did that three years ago. Drat, I hate it when that happens. Started transcribing a deed for the Amanuensis post.
* Went in to help Linda with dinner. We ate after 6 p.m., watched TV news, washed dishes.
* Online at 6:30 p.m. to write the Amanuensis post, noted that Best of the Genea-Blogs - 3 to 9 June 2018 posted.
* Worked some more on the project, finding family members, baptism and marriage dates/places, etc. for several of the new families, plus adding sources. TreeShared it so I can get Hints. Added to the new Best Of post and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 8.5 hours.
Post a Comment