It was a fairly typical weekend - not al ot of blogging or researching, but I did something both days.
1) Saturday, 25 March:
* Dropped Linda off, home to read email and blogs, and printed off the RMUG questions, then picked her up and home by 9:15 a.m. Gathered the laptop, the flash drive and questions, and left for the FamilySearch Center in Mission Valley.
* Got there by 9:40 a.m., and worked on Canadian databases on Ancestry and then looked for Sacramento Court Records on FamilySearch digital microfilm. Didn't find what I waned. The other court records are only on film, so I'll have to do that in SLC next year.
* Went in at 10 a.m. to set up for the RootsMagic User Group and we had only 7, but they were a lively 7?
* Home by 12:45 p.m. to have lunch, took a nap in the recliner, watched basketball, and was online around 3 to read, add to the Best Of post and do some MyHeritage Record Matches, adding content and sources to my RootsMagic database. Noted that Surname Saturday -- ELDREDGE (colonial New England) and Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - The Day Your Grandfather Was Born posted. Then it was back to basketball.
* Went for a walk around the block, checked out the weeds in the back yard, came in and we had dinner, I read the paper, and watched more basketball.
* Online at 7 p.m. to write the Ancestry and FamilySearch posts, added to the Best Of post, then checked Facebook. Genealogy this day was about 6.5 hours
2) Sunday, 26 March:
* Read email and blogs while watching Meet the Depressed. We were off to church at 9:30 a.m. and stopped at the store on the way home for groceries, home by 11:50 a.m.
* Had lunch, watched basketball, and had a recliner nap. Online at 2 p.m. to read email and blogs, noted that Best of the Genea-Blogs - 19 to 25 March 2017 posted. Back to basketball.
* Came in at 3 p.m. to read, then transcribed the will and inventory for the Amanuensis post, and back to the TV to see the end of the game. Back online to answer email, check Facebook.
* Went in to watch news at 5:30, had dinner, read the paper, and washed dishes.
* Online at 7 p.m. to read, add to the new Best Of post, and note that Added or Updated Databases at Ancestry.com - Week of 19 to 25 March 2017 posted, and wrote CVGS Program Meeting on 29 March Features Jeanette Shiel and then wrote the Amanuensis post.
* Answered more email, got into 23andMe and downloaded Linda's raw data so I can put it on GEDMatch, then looked at her matches. Two Lelands and a Whittle, that's good! Read my Extreme Genes view too.
* Wrote this post. Genealogy today was 5.0 hours.
Post a Comment