It was the weekend and I didn't spend it all on genealogy - hey, I have a life, you know. I think...
1) Saturday, 23 April 2016:
* Read email and blogs, noted that Surname Saturday - HATHAWAY (England to colonial New England) posted, and took off at 9 a.m. for the Scripps Ranch library, about 23 miles north.
* got there at 9:30 a.m., got set up, found I left my handouts at home, so emailed the PDF to thel ibrary and they printed them up. Good manager! Gave my Genealogy, Be an Ancestry Detective talk to about 35 folks, and they asked a lot of questions afterwards. Left at noon and home by 12:30 p.m. Had lunch.
* Online for awhile, took a nap, noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Share Your Childhood Memories posted. Checked Facebook. Added to the Best Of post.
* We left at 4 p.m. for the Padres game. Stopped at Pollo Loco for Linda's meal, then the trolley and were there by 5:15 p.m. Had to walk over to get the drinks, then go to Park at the Park to get Linda a different shirt size, and then stood in line twice to get my Big Dog and then ice cream. . Missed two of the first four innings. Padres lost 11-2, but we were ahead 2-1 in the 6th to the Cards. Bullpen fail. Drat - now 7-11. We are 1-3 while in attendance.
* Home by 9:30 p.m. to read, found the Elizabeth Auble will on Ancestry and noted that I don't have everything I need to make sense of that family. This may be fun!
* Genealogy on Saturday was 5.0 hours.
2) Sunday, 24 April 2016:
* Read email on my phone while watching TV, then off to church at 9:30 a.m. and home by 11:30 a.m.
* Wrote the Ancestry and FS posts, then downloaded Elizabeth's probate papers from Ancestry, and started investigating the leads from it. Pretty spotty information available for the folks mentioned.
* Went in at 1:40 p.m. to watch the Padres game, read the paper, dozed for about an hour. Padres were ahead 5-3 in the 6th, but Cards won 8-5 as the bullpen failed again. Ate dinner, and watered the front plants. Now 7-12 on the season.
* Online at 6 p.m. to read, note that Best of the Genea-Blogs - 17 to 23 April 2016 and Added or Updated Databases at Ancestry.com - Week of 17 to 23 April 2016 posted. Wrote "The 10 Best FREE Genealogy Websites" Talk on Wednesday, 27 April at CVGS and set it for later.
* Transcribed the Benjamin Sowle will and wrote the Amanuensis Monday post for Monday, then worked some more on the leads from Elizabeth's will.
* Went in at 9 p.m. to watch WDYTYA? An interesting but sad story - the records were interesting. Nice to see a homestead record too.
* Online at 10 p.m. to read, then wrote this post. Genealogy today was only 5.5 hours.