This was not much of a genealogy weekend - I did what I had to do, but didn't have much fun doing it. Now i'm sick...crap.
1) Saturday, 5 December:
* Read email in a hurry, left at 7:45 a.m. to go to the men's breakfast at Marie Callenders. Home by 9:45 a.m. to read blogs, noted that Surname Saturday - PIN (England to colonial Massachusetts) posted. Wrote the SNGF post.
* Printed off the handout for the workshop, and left at 11:45 a.m. for lunch at McDonalds, then at the library at 12:30 p.m. to set up tables and chairs, got hooked up, and talked about MyHeritage for about an hour doing live demonstrations, answering questions, etc. Shirley did about 45 minutes on Family Tree Builder.
* Home by 3:15 p.m. to take a nap, then read and answered email, noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- Your Best Visit With Relatives posted. . Forgot to work on the CVGS newsletter. Watched the Aztecs football game - they beat Air force to win the Mountain West championship, now 10-3. We ate dinner, I read the paper and my book.
* Worked a bit on the Ri surnames in the database, got down to the Ro names. Forgot again to work on the CVGS Newsletter.
* Checked Facebook, read blogs, finished up the Best Of post, and done. Genealogy this day was 7.5 hours.
2) Sunday, 6 December 2015:
* Read email and blogs while watching TV news, then off to church at 9:30 a.m., and home by 11:30. Got the CVGS Newsletter ready for proofing, and sent it off to the proofers.
* Went in at 12:45 p.m. to eat lunch, then watched the Chargers game. Another debacle, lost 17-3 to Denver, so now 3-9.
* Online at 4:15 p.m. to read, noted that Best of the Genea-Blogs - 29 November to 5 December 2015 posted. Wrote Added or Updated Databases at Ancestry.com - Week of November 30 to December 5, 2015 and the FamilySearch post for Monday.
* Went in at 5:15 p.m. to watch TV, eat dinner and read the paper. Online at 6:30 p.m. to read, start the new Best Of post, edit the CVGS newsletter and email it to the folks, transcribe the David LaTourette will, and write the Amanuensis Monday post.
* Went in to watch Charger low-lights at 8:45, washed dishes, and back online at 9 p.m. to read, check Facebook, and write this post. Genealogy today was 5.5 hours.
Now I have a sore throat and sniffles, so I started the cold tablet regimen. Crap.