Life interrupts journaling some nights. No progress on the presentation, and no research of any consequence these two days.
1) Friday, 7 August 2015:
* Read email and blogs, added the image and noted that 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Week 84: #100 Rudolf Spengler (1738-1811) posted.
* We left at 9:30 a.m. for the health center and Linda's appointment. All is well, although she forgot her list of questions. Stopped by Ralph's for groceries and home by 11:30 a.m.
* Online to read, add to the Best Of post, answer email, and looked at Ancestry Academy and then checked Fold3 for some military records without success.
* Research and wrote My Relationships to U.S. Presidents - Post 6: Presidents 11-15. Started the CVGS newsletter for August.
* Took an hour nap. Online at 3:30 p.m. to write the Surname Saturday post, then checked Facebook, and matched several families in RootsMagic to the FamilySearch Family Tree.
* Went in at 5 p.m. to eat dinner, watch TV, and read the paper. Online at 6:10 p.m. to read, then wrote the SNGF post. Edited the CVGS seminar flyer for Susi.
* Went in at 7:30 p.m. to watch the Padres game, and read my book. It went 12 innings until 11:25 p.m., and Pads lost 4-3 to Phillies, so now 52-58. Lost 4 straight.
* Online at 11:35 p.m. to read, edit the flyer and send it back. They didn't use it. No journaling. Genealogy today was 8.5 hours.
2) Saturday, 8 August 2015:
* Read email and blogs, noted that Surname Saturday -- SMITH (England to colonial Massachusetts) posted.
* Left at 9:10 a.m. for the SDGS meeting, talked to Ron Arons a bit, enjoyed the two presentations, and the refreshments.
* Drove to the LDS Stake in Chula Vista for the last two hours of the Family discovery Day. Didn't attend any classes, hung out in the exhibit hall and met some of the local LDS folks. Had a demo of Ancestry working with FSFT for LDS members. Talked to CVGS folks at the table too.
* Home by 2:45 p.m. and took a nap. Online at 3:45 p.m., noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- How Many Elizabeth "LNUs" are in Your Family Tree Database? posted. Worked more on the CVGS Newsletter.
* Went in at 5:30 p.m. to watch the Padres game, eat dinner and read the paper. Pads lost again, 4-2 to Phillies. Lost 5 straight now, 52-59 and pretty much hopeless for the playoffs now.
* Online at 9 p.m. to work on the CVGS Newsletter, about 95% done now. Added to the Best Of post, checked Facebook, and wrote this post. Genealogy today was 7.5 hours.