The weekend was a blur, and I did nothing significant as far as research or education besides reading blog posts and email.
1) Sunday, 11 January:
* Read email and blogs in a hurry, and we left at 9:30 a.m. for Palm Springs. Stopped at Morongo for lunch, and went to the Mt San Jacinto tram to go up the mountain. It was raining a bit on the desert floor, and almost snowing lightly at the mountain station. We took some pictures on the porches, but didn't go down into the valley. Then we drove to the hotel, and watched the second half of the NFL playoff game.
* Fired up the laptop and checked Facebook, email and blogs. We went to dinner at the hotel, and were back in the room by 7:30. I practiced the presentation one more time and made sure I was ready to go. Noted that Best of the Genea-Blogs - 4 to 10 January 2015 posted.
2) Monday, 12 January:
* Up early, and checked out by 8:15 a.m., and drove to Sun City Palm Desert, got there by 8:45 before the doors for the club opened! Got set up, talked to folks, and the meeting started at 9:30 a.m. There were about 35 folks there, and I presented "Crafting Great Source Citations." It was over by 10:45, lots of questions, and we talked to folks for awhile.
* Left at 11:20 a.m. to head home, stopped in Temecula for lunch at 1 p.m., and were home by 2:30 p.m.
* Online after unpacking, and read email and blogs, added to the new Best Of post. Noted that Amanuensis Monday - Post 251: Setting Off the Widow's Dower in Simon Gates (1739-1803) Estate and New or Updated FamilySearch Record Collections - January 5-11, 2015 posted, and wrote A Different Family Tree Video - Rob Cardwell's Research. Checked Facebook too.
* Went in for dinner at 5 p.m., watched the Oregon/Ohio State game, read the paper, washed dishes, and started my Patterson novel.
* Online at 9:15 p.m. to read, and write this post. Genealogy today was 5.0 hours.