I didn't journal on Saturday or Sunday, mainly because I did little of interest in genealogy.
1) Saturday, 18 October:
* Quickly read email and blogs, then off to the Men's breakfast at Marie Callenders. Home at 9:30 to note that Surname Saturday - LNU (England to colonial Massachusetts) posted.
* We left at 11:45 a.m. for Carlsbad to meet Tami and the girls at 12:30 for lunch. Got my Charlie fix, and the girls too...we went to the mall after lunch, Tami shopped, and I used Charlie as a chick magnet. We left at 3:45 p.m., home by 4:30.
* Took a nap, ate dinner, watched football, online at 7 p.m. and noted that Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - What Is Your All-Time Favorite Song? posted.
* Watched the Aztecs game - they won 20-10 over Hawaii. Read and quit for the night. Genealgoy this day was about 3.0 hours.
2) Sunday, 19 October:
* Read email and blogs, finished up the Best of the Genea-Blogs - 12 to 18 October 2014 post. Then off to church.
* Homer by 11:15 a.m. to read, then watched football on TV. Charger game was at 1 p.m. Chiefs waxed us 23-20, but it wasn't that close.
* Went out and cut the front lawn to reduce my frustration. Watered the front yard. Came in to eat dinner, watch TV news, and online at 7 p.m. to read, check Facebook, and clear 54 of the 1940 US Census matches. Added a bunch of source citations.
* Started the new Best Of post, answered some email. Genealogy this day was 4.5 hours.
3) Monday, 20 October 2014:
* Finally, a clear genealogy day, and DearMYRTLE cancels the Mondays With Myrt. Drat. Oh well. Read email and blogs, then wrote Amanuensis Monday - Post 240: 1872 Deed of Land in Taylor County, Iowa from Devier J. and Abbie A. Smith to Alexander John.
* Research in Billion Graves and wrote Billion Graves Cemetery Maps and Gravesite Transcriptions and set it for later.
* Updated Legacy Family Tree. Fixed the lost Auble surname file - where and when did that go away? Retrieved it from Copy.com. Figured out I needed iTunes open to sync the iCloud. Duh - worked fine then! Spent 30 minutes getting a hotel room at the Hilton in SLC, Drat. Wanted the Radisson.
* Found the Kemp papers, and photoed them, then wrote My Top Genea-Discoveries -- Kemp Family Records and set it for later.
* Got back into the 1940 U.S. Census and cleared 47 more, adding sources and some content when necessary. Need to get the Seaver folks in there...
* Went in at 5:15 p.m. to watch TV, read the paper, dozed a bit, and had dinner.
* Online at 6:30 p.m. to read, add to the Best Of post, check Facebook, and then worked in the Hi surnames - got down to Hilton adding sources and content. Sources now 55,644 (up 158 from Friday). Genealogy today was 11.5 hours.